There are strong commercial reasons for developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. More importantly though great organisations create an environment where everyone feels included and able to perform at their best. To build authentic relationships across differences we need to overcome our human tendency to prefer some things and people more than others. This tendency can lead to small unconscious gestures, actions or remarks that can affect other people and can cause poor performance, disengagement and conflict.
Participants will be able to
- Make the case for the benefits of diversity and inclusion
- Recognise the different formats in which biases exist and understand that behaviour could be misplaced and causing distress
- Understand their own biases and how they can impact on day to day decision making
- Learn to make unconscious biases conscious
- Take steps to develop an inclusive culture that attracts diversity and benefits from difference