Bosses display a variety of core behaviours and, in order to work with them effectively, it is important to recognise those behaviours and adopt an assertive frame of mind. The Managing Upwards programme provides a framework to help people build strong and resonant communication based on an understanding of different communication styles.
Participants will be able to
- Recognise core behaviours using the Social Styles Model
- Use effective listening and questioning skills
- Understand how to communicate effectively to achieve a Win-Win situation
- Identify types of manager behaviours and adapt different techniques and approaches as necessary
- Use the DELIA framework when engaged in difficult conversations