Developing an effective working relationship with your manager is an important skill. You need to be able to understand the pressures they are under, their preferences and priorities, and to manage your boundaries and communicate assertively.
This course provides a framework to help participants improve the way they interact with both their managers and other senior people in order to achieve successful outcomes.
This interactive, two-hour training course gets straight to the heart of a topic providing actionable steps to implement the key learning points.
Our live instructor-led training is delivered in-company either face-to-face or virtually.
Participants on managing upwards will be able to
- Recognise core behaviours using the Social Styles Model
- Use effective listening and questioning skills
- Understand how to communicate effectively to achieve a Win-Win situation
- Identify types of manager behaviours and adapt different techniques and approaches as necessary
- Use the DELIA framework to approach difficult conversations
“The course was just the right amount of time. The trainer was clear in his delivery and the course had just the right amount of engagement versus listening. The breakout rooms were a good size and I like that we worked with different people each time.”
“It was great that the whole team was involved in answering questions and completing tasks.”
Our clients say
“…it allowed maximal learning in a short, but intense, session. This is definitely the way forward for management training.”
Professor Niamh Moran, Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
Why book this training session?
- Enable employees to communicate effectively with and influence senior leaders
- Stronger and more productive relationships between employees and managers
- Employees take greater accountability and ownership of work
- Take the guesswork out of management by enabling employees to communicate assertively
Read our blog