Mental Health First Aid is an internationally recognised, certified, training course, which teaches people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis.
MHFA won’t teach you to be a therapist, but just like physical first aid, it will enable you to confidently listen, reassure and respond even in a crisis.
Participants will be able to
- Gain an in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can impact wellbeing
- Spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidently step in, reassure and support someone in distress
- Understand how to maintain their personal wellbeing
- Use enhanced interpersonal skills including non-judgmental listening
- Help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support, including self-help resources, employer resources and/or the NHS
- Promote a supportive, open and positive culture around mental health