This course is for managers who need a broad overview of current employment law to deal with employment issues effectively. It will help participants to deal with team members confidently and ensure they are aware of and avoid common pitfalls when managing others.
Participants will be able to
- Learn about the context for employment law
- Understand how to form and vary a contract
- Know how to end a contract fairly
- Recognise the role of grievance and disciplinary procedure in employment disputes
- Understand what constitutes employment discrimination
- Tackle difficult issues, sickness absence and underperformance with confidence and know when to seek help